The Send to: menu can be used to send or copy PubMed records to the following locations:
- File – Use to save citations as a file on your computer. You can send individual, selected, or all citations to a file in any of the PubMed formats such as Abstract, Summary or MEDLINE formats.
- Collections – Use Collections to build collections of records, to save indefinitely. See Collections for more details.
- Citation Manager – Use to export your search results to a citation management program such as EndNote, Reference Manager or ProCite. The export will be in MEDLINE (tagged) format.
- Clipboard – Use the Clipboard to store records for today – to do something with before you sign out or close PubMed.
- E-mail – Use to send results to an email address. NYIT users, please make sure to note your name and email in the field of "Additional Text", enable the receiver to contact you. Your email is being sent via NCBI platform which causes not knowing the sender's contact information!
- My Bibliography – Use My Bibliography if you are an NIH-funded researcher and are responsible for public access reporting. Or, use if you’d like to have a separate place to build a bibliography that contains citations from outside of PubMed.