About Citation Management Tools
Citation management tools (also called bibliographic management tools or citation managers) such as Mendeley, and Zotero, help you organize, manage and format citations for your research. NYIT Librarians can assist you with using them. This guide will discuss the pros and cons of each citation tool.
Citation generator: Cite this for Me is an online bibliography composer.
Why use citation management tools?
Citation management tools allow you to:
- Create a personal library of references and documents in one place and organize them by topic, project, class, etc.
- Store abstracts, articles, annotations, and notes with your references.
- Easily locate your collected research references and documents.
- Cite your resources and provide a bibliography or works cited list while you write.
- Attach PDF's, images, graphs, screenshots, and other files to citations in your collection and add notes to any citation.
- Easily change your citation style to match your need or the requirement of your professor or publishers.
How do I choose the right tool?
It depends on your needs and preferences. This guide contains charts and descriptions to help you choose.