There are so many citation styles, how do you decide which one to use? There are two ways. First, ask your professor which style s/he prefers. If your professor has no preference, employ the second method: decide by discipline.
- APA: Psychology, education, and the social sciences.
- MLA: Humanities, arts, and literature.
- AMA: Biological sciences, medical sciences, and health sciences.
- Turabian: Multidisciplinary, designed for use by college students.
- Chicago: For "real-world" subject matter appearing in non-scholarly publications, e.g., magazines, newspapers, popular books, etc.
For more information on these styles, click the linked text or the dropdown menu above.