Open access (OA) resources are digital literature made available online free of charge. Open access strives to remove the barriers to access scholarly research and information. As a category, open access includes both repositories or archives of self-submitted works and open access journals that follow the peer-review model.
Find within this guide:
- Journals & Books - directories of academic journals following the open access model. Access full text open access books.
- Repositories of open access literature.
- Search Engines that specialize in the indexing of open access content.
- Additional information providing context and history of open access.
- Advocacy organizations working with researchers, publishers, and institutions to promote the open access model.
- Platforms for creating, maintaining, and distributing open access content.